The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Weatherhead School’s J.B. Silvers answers questions about impact of Obamacare on amount of uninsured Americans
- Psychology’s Lisa Damour writes about false perception that girls are meaner than their male peers
- History professor’s Twitter account goes viral—again
- Give to “Shop with a Cop” fundraiser to help local families
- Learn how to help students navigate study abroad process at Dec. 3 Global Talk session