The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Law’s Jonathan Adler examines the legal and policy issues of legalizing marijuana
- Environmental health sciences’ Karen Mulloy discusses Yale fracking study
- CWRU psychologist offers tips for a better night’s sleep
- Tapingo now available at new campus locations
- Study finds women seek anti-aging clinicians to receive more personalized care, “natural” treatments for menopausal symptoms