The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Design and Innovation’s Michael Goldberg examined dearth of venture-capital funding in Ohio
- Materials Science and Engineering’s James McGuffin-Cawley discussed 3D printing availability for students
- Technology Services’ Sue Workman to discuss computer security
- Professor to present on AIDS vaccine potential at next Public Affairs Discussion group
- Common spice could help extend lives of mesothelioma patients