The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Juniper Community Council’s 9th annual Star Search to take place April 3; sign up today
- Register to play in this weekend’s badminton tournament
- Scholar to discuss Stevie Wonder’s exploration of technology at next Baker-Nord Center event
- Political scientist to explain how democracy assistance doesn’t confront dictators
- Organizational Development and Learning Unit to host series on conflict management, workplace violence