The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Greek chapters, leaders honored at Panhellenic and Interfraternity Councils’ awards ceremony
- Inaugural International Achievement dinner celebrates faculty, students and staff
- English lecturer Brad Ricca’s poem wins Baker-Nord poetry contest
- Winners of first-ever HackCWRU announced
- Music’s Daniel Goldmark talks about the Cleveland Orchestra’s live accompaniment to ‘Psycho’