The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Baker-Nord Center Director Peter Knox weighs in on importance of viewing war through humanistic lens
- MythBusters’ Adam Savage visits Sears think[box], meets with student inventor
- University community members honored for contributions to diversity, inclusion
- Engineering’s Alp Sehirlioglu recognized by alma mater with young alumnus award
- CWRU announces appointment of three executives to Board of Trustees