The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Law’s Ayesha Bell Hardaway explains why descendants of African-American slaves should receive reparations
- History’s Ted Steinberg discusses origins of lawn care
- CWRU to host creators of “Serial” for William N. Skirball Writers Center Stage Series
- 5 questions…with recent retiree, Thwing Center “fixer” Al Hammett
- Meet Spoken English Language Program tutors and mentors at Sept. 8 open house