The Plain Dealer: A section of Cincinnati’s Horseshoe Casino collapsed last week, six weeks after part of the valet parking garage at Cleveland’s casino collapsed. Dario Gasparini, professor of civil engineering, said accidents during concrete pouring are very common. “It is one of the most common failures that occur,” he said.
Civil engineering’s Dario Gasparini explains structural failures in two Ohio casinos
- Weatherhead School’s Mark Votruba talks Lake Health system
- Mandel School’s Robert Fischer discusses need for nonprofits to target youth volunteers
- Human Resources to host tax and benefits discussion
- CWRU graduate, professional programs’ ”U.S. News” rankings announced
- Educational Services for Students to offer new course for international graduate students