Huffington Post: Deepak Sarma, professor of South Asian religions and philosophy, penned a blog asking why, of all people and communities, Sikh were targeted in a shooting Sunday in Wisconsin. “Were they targeted because they fit the stereotypical (and imaginary) image of a turban wearing Taliban/ Muslim terrorist? Or were they targeted merely because they look different?” Sarma asked.
Deepak Sarma blogs about Wisconsin temple fatalities
- Housing options available for summer
- Engineering’s Jing Lee give keynote talk at Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference
- Social Justice Institute, course highlighted in book chapter by SJI’s Rhonda Williams
- Sociology’s Brian Gran discusses Cleveland kidnapping cases, attends UN human rights event
- Learn how to use Google Hangouts during upcoming ITS Connect event