ABC News Radio: Relying on unregulated smartphone apps to detect skin cancer can postpone diagnosis and cause harm, a study found. However, the FDA has announced plans to regulate these apps and, given their accessibility, they could hold potential once they have been evaluated, said Meg R. Gerstenblith, assistant professor of dermatology.
Dermatology’s Meg R. Gerstenblith discusses skin-cancer detecting smartphone apps
- English’s Michael W. Clune examines the public response to work on economic inequality
- Psychology’s Jane Timmons-Mitchell discusses teen suicide prevention
- English’s Thrity Umrigar discusses her new novel
- New faculty-led lunchtime program starting Sept. 2
- Volunteer for RePlay for Kids toy repair workshop Sept. 2