LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- Cities rely on anchor districts such as CWRU’s thriving neighborhood, University Circle
- Mandel School’s Megan Holmes talks about recent research on parental violence
- VP of Academic Affairs Lynn Singer discusses CWRU student scholarships provided by Chinese government
- Creative new media officer Jared Bendis talks popular apps of 2014
- Music’s Lisa Koops named to journal’s editorial board