LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- 5 questions with… cancer disparities researcher Monica Webb Hooper
- Biology’s Valerie Haywood presents at American Society of Plant Biologists annual conference
- Donate blood at Aug. 25 American Red Cross drive
- Law’s Erik M. Jensen gives his take on benefits of the Electoral College
- Law’s Jonathan Entin pens two chapters for new books, two articles for “The Federal Lawyer”