LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- Free tickets available for Town Hall of Cleveland lecture by best-selling author, cultural historian
- Orthodontics Professor Bruce Latimer discusses implications of recently found prehistoric skull
- Medicine’s Jerry Silver discusses his team’s research on repairing spinal cord injuries
- Begun Center’s Joseph Galanek discusses police force and the mentally ill
- Work by Art’s Christopher Pekoc featured in two exhibitions