LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- Attend the 41st annual Ebony Ball Dec. 6; get tickets now
- Action required for voicemail users this Winter Break
- Submit original works to Art of STEM competition, exhibit at Kelvin Smith Library
- Learn about impact of design in today’s corporate world at Dec. 2 presentation
- Platelet mimicry technology halts bleeding faster, may have broad use in medicine