LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- Proposals for summer SOURCE funding due March 6
- Next implicit bias workshop to focus on Native Americans
- Doctoral Fitting Days to be held March 4 and March 20
- Limited number of student tickets available for talk with ”Kite Runner” author Khalad Hosseini
- Former Weatherhead School Dean Scott Cowen named CWRU trustee