LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- Get inspired by nature: Take “Autumn in the Country” classes at University Farm
- Next “Talking Foreign Policy” program with Law Dean Michael Scharf to focus on Iran nuclear accord
- Wear blue or gray tomorrow—and every Friday—to show CWRU pride
- What does it takes to launch a startup? Find out at Launch CWRU Weekend Sept. 4-6
- Dittrick Museum awarded grant for interactive exhibit highlighting evolution of medicine in America