LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- Case Western Reserve University has partnered with Hiram College to address international water crisis
- Mandel School researchers showed that certain courts have fewer re-arrests for new crimes
- Psychology’s Amy Przeworski discussed parenting techniques to combat stubbornness
- Medical school dean, department chair elected to Institute of Medicine
- Learn how to create an inclusive classroom at Thursday’s UCITE event