LaShanda Korley, Nord Distinguished Assistant Professor in the Case School of Engineering, was one of 18 faculty members from around the world to become part of the 43rd class of DuPont Young Professors. The DuPont Young Professor program provides start-up assistance to promising young and untenured research faculty working in areas of interest to DuPont’s long-term business. Korley will receive $75,000 (three annual grants of $25,000) for her work on bio-mimetic approaches to toughening and mechanical enhancement of polymers. For more information, click here.
Engineering faculty LaShanda Korley named DuPont Young Professor; earns $75,000 grant
- Rob Winemiller opts to return to CWRU to play baseball after Major League Baseball draft selection
- Law’s Jonathan Adler discusses the outcome of federal appeals court decisions on Obamacare
- Begun Center’s Jane Timmons-Mitchell gives advice on how parents can help prevent suicide
- Law’s Michael Scharf discusses possible avenues of seeking justice in the Malaysia jet disaster
- International research team discovers genetic dysfunction connected to hydrocephalus