Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Undergraduate Diversity Collaborative seeks spot in Student Executive Council
- Recycle plastic bags at Relay For Life
- Yale scholar to present lecture April 20 on portrayal of Islam in U.S. media
- Next Women Faculty Connect meeting to address questions about mentorship
- Learn how to make philanthropy a lifelong commitment at final Conversations in Philanthropy session