Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Flora Stone Mather Center for Women to open nursing and lactation room
- think[box] manager Ian Charnas discusses highly anticipated expansion
- Faculty member’s new book “Rhetoric in the Flesh” studies education in anatomy lab
- Learn about research opportunities at next SOURCE seminar Sept. 26
- Saint-Gobain Student Design Competition info, speed-networking session Sept. 25