Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- 2015 Spartan Challenge entrepreneurship competition offers more than $20,000 in prizes
- School of Medicine Dean Davis, Assistant Professor Justin Lathia recognized at Ohio Cancer Research Associates event
- Engineering’s Timothy Peshek one of 10 in the world to receive funding through Google’s Little Box Challenge
- Engineering PhD student wins best student paper award at international event
- 5 questions with…swimmer, school record-holder Drew Hamilton