Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Political science’s Kathryn Lavelle talks about expected impact of Brexit
- Begun Center’s Fredrick Butcher talks about impact of exposure to violence in youth
- State of Ohio awards CWRU, Cleveland Clinic grant for medical education innovation
- Engineering’s Rigoberto Advincula talks about how ingredients in sunscreen break down
- Law’s Michael Benza explains challenges of ongoing investigation into Ohio family deaths