Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Psychiatry’s Sara West examines the motives of filicide
- Dental school’s Bruce Latimer discusses the consequences of bipedalism
- Spoken English Language Partners to hold end-of-year study break April 25
- Case Kismat dance team to sell noodles, chai tea as part of fundraiser April 23-24
- Begun Center chosen to evaluate Ohio’s pilot addiction treatment program