Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Free tickets available for Town Hall of Cleveland lecture by best-selling author, cultural historian
- Orthodontics Professor Bruce Latimer discusses implications of recently found prehistoric skull
- Medicine’s Jerry Silver discusses his team’s research on repairing spinal cord injuries
- Begun Center’s Joseph Galanek discusses police force and the mentally ill
- Work by Art’s Christopher Pekoc featured in two exhibitions