Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Weatherhead School’s Michael Goldberg blogs about how developing start-up culture could help Botswana’s economy
- Weatherhead School’s Jenny Hawkins discusses shift from 9-to-5 workdays to more flexible schedules for employees
- HCM to be unavailable part of this weekend
- Jill Korbin to serve as president-elect of Society for Psychological Anthropology
- Epidemiology and biostatistics’ Nora L. Nock selected to serve on NIH study section