Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- HCM to be unavailable Friday evening to Saturday morning
- Nottingham Spirk and CWRU launch partnership to inspire product development and commercialization
- Middle Eastern Cultural Association to host annual Spring Hafleh this weekend
- NYU professor to give lecture, screen documentary on black photographers
- Academic Integrity Board to host Mitchell’s Ice Cream founder today