Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Mandel School’s Rob Fischer discusses burden nonprofits face when applying for grant money
- University Farm named a top sustainable college-run farm
- Political Science’ Justin Buchler wrote about challenges Kevin McCarthy could have faced as Speaker of the House
- Find out the winners of the Oct. 3 PITCH U competition
- Research associate wins award to study vascular signals