Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- 5 questions with… cancer disparities researcher Monica Webb Hooper
- Biology’s Valerie Haywood presents at American Society of Plant Biologists annual conference
- Donate blood at Aug. 25 American Red Cross drive
- Law’s Erik M. Jensen gives his take on benefits of the Electoral College
- Law’s Jonathan Entin pens two chapters for new books, two articles for “The Federal Lawyer”