Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Dental medicine’s Mario Pavicic talks about his background in dentistry
- Weatherhead’s Simon Peck discusses trend toward CEOs receiving stock-based compensation awards
- Case Western Reserve University researchers land federal grants
- CWRU researchers identify significant mutational targets in colon cancer
- Residence halls to close May 6; get tips for move-out