Fund for our Economic Future: Thanks to a $30 million federal grant, the corridor between Cleveland and Pittsburgh now boasts the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. The grant—plus $39 million in matching funds from partners—was the first major win for the TechBelt Initiative, a four-year-old network of about 40 universities, companies and economic development groups. “It was a very special group of people because we all kind of put our affiliations aside and said, ‘How do we work together?’” said Lisa Camp, assistant dean of engineering.
Engineering’s Lisa Camp talks “Trust Belt”–the tech corridor from CLE to Pittsburgh
- Student-Run Free Clinic to host 5K run/1-mile walk this weekend
- Celebrate Holi, the festival of colors, with Undergraduate Indian Students Association
- Learn how communication styles affect workplace relationships—and how to improve them
- Celebration of Student Writing set for April 18
- Calling all women artists: Women’s center seeks original works to display in Thwing Center