As part of the Ease@Work Wellness Program, Case Western Reserve University will sponsor a nicotine cessation series, which will include guided sessions for making a plan to quit and setting a quit date.
The program is open to any individual who has the desire to end his or her nicotine use and will include:
- An assessment of an individual’s readiness to end nicotine use,
- Identification of personalized motivations and obstacles,
- The development of awareness techniques to avoid possible triggers,
- A step-by-step program for ending nicotine use through self-discovery and
group support, including behavior change, importance of good nutrition,
exercise and stress management.
Participants should plan on attending all eight, one-hour sessions in Adelbert Hall from noon to 1 p.m. on:
- Session 1: Wednesday, June 26
- Session 2: Wednesday, July 3
- Session 3: Wednesday, July 10
- Session 4: Wednesday, July 17
- Session 5: Wednesday, July 24
- Session 6: Wednesday, July 31
- Session 7: Wednesday, Aug. 7
- Session 8: Wednesday, Aug. 14
Meeting rooms vary each week; please view the entire schedule for location details.
The program requires no out-of-pocket cost, but registration is required. Register by Monday, June 24, to Valerie Clause, at email@example.com or 216.325.9323.
The series is presented by Ease@Work and is facilitated by Clause, a smoking cessation program certified by the American Lung Association.