Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- 5 questions with… economics, entrepreneurial studies professor Scott Shane
- Strategic Innovation Lab, Professor Sue Helper play key roles in Department of Commerce roundtable
- CWRU students help Ohio apple orchard with shift to making, selling hard cider
- Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane participates in panel on engaging millennials in entrepreneurship
- Free webinar on appreciative inquiry with Professor David Cooperrider