Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Four professors selected for Faculty Distinguished Research Award
- Ask Lyft COO Rex Tibbens questions at interactive lunchtime Skype session April 11
- Research finds mindfulness in the workplace improves employee focus, attention, behavior
- CWRU students install solar panels in Namibia, thanks to a Weatherhead professor’s MOOC
- Save the date: Network with young professionals in health care at April 28 event