Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Weatherhead School team takes top spot in case competition
- Organizational behavior PhD student brings home Best Student Paper prize
- Weatherhead School’s Tim Fogarty named to new Thomas M. Dickerson Faculty Fellowship
- Renowned philanthropist, businessman Peter B. Lewis dies
- Weatherhead School faculty, alumni publish book on customer misbehavior