Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Weatherhead School to remember student Rongrong Yang
- Upcoming global forum to show how businesses can go beyond sustainability
- $3.6 million professorship honors executive and long-standing benefactor B. Charles Ames
- 5 questions with…theater director, database developer Pandora Robertson
- 5 questions with…MOOC leader, Weatherhead School faculty member Michael Goldberg