Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Undergrad team wins DDR Real Estate Case Competition
- Professor Diana Bilimoria’s “Women in STEM Careers” book named publication of the year
- Master of Science in Management-Healthcare classes to be offered at Global Center for Health Innovation
- Copenhagen Business School to award Weatherhead School’s Kalle Lyytinen with honorary doctorate
- Find out how research universities can be entrepreneurial change agents