Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Cleveland 2016: Faculty help students get up-close understanding of politics at RNC
- Weatherhead School of Management launches new magazine
- Faculty members in medicine, management win best overall manuscript award at international conference
- Rekha Srinivasan honored with Jackson Award
- Four professors selected for Faculty Distinguished Research Award