Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Former Tulane president, Weatherhead School dean Scott Cowen to present on Hurricane Katrina’s effects on New Orleans
- In the mood to trade? Weather may influence institutional investors’ stock decisions
- Weatherhead School’s Victoria Wright to become new associate vice president for planning and administration
- Weatherhead Wellness Initiative launches weekly meditation group
- 5 questions with… admissions manager, consultant and alumnus Ted Evans