Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Undergraduates: Learn more about Weatherhead School programs at open house Oct. 31
- First-year MBA students named Fowler Center Fellows
- Weatherhead School’s Boyatzis again makes list of influential international thinkers
- Weatherhead School to remember student Rongrong Yang
- Upcoming global forum to show how businesses can go beyond sustainability