Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Emotional intelligence trumps IQ in dentist-patient relationship, CWRU study finds
- Weatherhead School’s Diane Bergeron wins Diekhoff teaching award
- Professor’s new book explains reality of corruption, role of middleman in China
- Peter B. Lewis Building architect Frank O. Gehry to receive honorary degree
- 5 questions with…one of CWRU’s first MOOC instructors Richard Boyatzis