Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week concludes today; meet three students
- Weatherhead Net Impact to host panel on using appreciative inquiry in sustainable careers
- Mark Taylor wins 2015 Business Information Professional of the Year Award
- U.S. Chief Economist, Weatherhead School professor Susan Helper to give talk on America’s supply chain innovation
- Undergraduates: Learn more about Weatherhead School of Management at March 17 open house