Entrepreneur: Despite the fact that African-American individuals are more likely to initiate the new-business creation process than white individuals, they are less likely to have up-and-running businesses a few years later, according to a survey. Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, wrote an opinion piece on why this is the case—and how it can change.
How to close the start-up gap, according to Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Weatherhead School’s David Cooperrider honored as influential leader
- Put on your thinking caps: Attend homecoming lectures, presentations
- Weatherhead School’s Michael Goldberg among speakers at TEDxFulbright in California
- Several of CWRU’s own selected to Crain’s Cleveland Business “Forty Under 40” class of 2015
- Weatherhead School offers new Business Analytics track in Master of Science in Management program