The Associated Press: The Eastern District of Virginia often takes on cases that have no obvious connection to the area. This is, in part, because of its reputation as the “Rocket Docket”—a court in which cases are brought to trial quickly and efficiently, said Michael Scharf, associate dean for global legal studies.
Law’s Michael Scharf discusses The Eastern District of Virginia’s “Rocket Docket” reputation
- Next UCITE session to address how faculty members can help improve student health
- Faculty Fridays offer opportunities for student-faculty discussions
- Campus community invited to Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center dedication Oct. 9
- Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods welcomes CDC director, senator on campus visit
- Ferguson discussion to be continued at next Ethics Table lunch