The Flora Stone Mather Center for Women has announced this year’s recipients of the Mather Spotlight Prize, each chosen by her school or college for excellence in scholarship and research.
This year’s Mather Prize honorees are:
- Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences: Amy Blank Wilson, assistant professor;
- College of Arts and Sciences: Daniela Calvetti, the James Wood Williamson Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematics;
- School of Dental Medicine: Catherine A. Demko, associate professor in the Department of Community Dentistry;
- Weatherhead School of Management: Silke Forbes, assistant professor in the Department of Economics;
- School of Law: Sharona Hoffman, the Edgar A. Hahn Professor of Law;
- School of Medicine: Sudha Iyengar, professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing: Carol M. Musil, professor;
- School of Engineering: Nicole Seiberlich, assistant professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering;
- Notable Woman of the Year: Patricia B. Kilpatrick, Vice President and University Marshal Emerita (FSM’49, GRS’51).
The prizes will be awarded at the annual Women of Achievement luncheon Friday, Oct. 11, from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the Thwing Center ballroom.
The entire campus community is invited to attend this event and learn more about top female scholars from around the university. The luncheon is co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost.
RSVP for the luncheon by Oct. 4.