Reuters: A panel of outside experts to the FDA, including David Blumenthal, assistant professor of medicine, unanimously voted against an experimental drug to prevent gout flares, based on trials that tested the drug for only 16 weeks. “A lot of the patients where we envision using this drug are going to take it for longer than 16 weeks. It’s hard for me to allow patients to be exposed (without longer safety data),” he said.
Medicine’s David Blumenthal sits on FDA expert panel reviewing gout drug
- History’s Ted Steinberg discussed the New York City “growth imperative”
- University Circle church to celebrate new renovations with free concert Sunday
- Celebrate Halloween with Greek Life at “Greek-or-Treat”
- Dental/nursing student William Jacobson wins multiple awards
- 5 questions with…new Assistant Professor of Sociology Cassi Pittman