Reuters: A panel of outside experts to the FDA, including David Blumenthal, assistant professor of medicine, unanimously voted against an experimental drug to prevent gout flares, based on trials that tested the drug for only 16 weeks. “A lot of the patients where we envision using this drug are going to take it for longer than 16 weeks. It’s hard for me to allow patients to be exposed (without longer safety data),” he said.
Medicine’s David Blumenthal sits on FDA expert panel reviewing gout drug
- Students: IRS Tax Form 1098-T to be issued; return forms by Jan. 31
- Another session of discounted yoga offered at University Hospitals
- Three campus experts to discuss politics, possibilities of Hong Kong protests
- Anthropology’s Eileen Anderson-Fye examines changing gender roles
- New Michelson and Morley Bistro draws rave reviews