Reuters: A panel of outside experts to the FDA, including David Blumenthal, assistant professor of medicine, unanimously voted against an experimental drug to prevent gout flares, based on trials that tested the drug for only 16 weeks. “A lot of the patients where we envision using this drug are going to take it for longer than 16 weeks. It’s hard for me to allow patients to be exposed (without longer safety data),” he said.
Medicine’s David Blumenthal sits on FDA expert panel reviewing gout drug
- Proposals for summer SOURCE funding due March 6
- Next implicit bias workshop to focus on Native Americans
- Doctoral Fitting Days to be held March 4 and March 20
- Limited number of student tickets available for talk with ”Kite Runner” author Khalad Hosseini
- Former Weatherhead School Dean Scott Cowen named CWRU trustee