Reuters: A panel of outside experts to the FDA, including David Blumenthal, assistant professor of medicine, unanimously voted against an experimental drug to prevent gout flares, based on trials that tested the drug for only 16 weeks. “A lot of the patients where we envision using this drug are going to take it for longer than 16 weeks. It’s hard for me to allow patients to be exposed (without longer safety data),” he said.
Medicine’s David Blumenthal sits on FDA expert panel reviewing gout drug
- Housing options available for summer
- Engineering’s Jing Lee give keynote talk at Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference
- Social Justice Institute, course highlighted in book chapter by SJI’s Rhonda Williams
- Sociology’s Brian Gran discusses Cleveland kidnapping cases, attends UN human rights event
- Learn how to use Google Hangouts during upcoming ITS Connect event