The Baltimore Sun: Though most doctors advise obese pregnant women to gain only 11 to 20 pounds, some are now encouraging them to lose weight to improve their—and their babies’—health. Patrick M. Catalano, professor of reproductive biology, said doctors should follow the current guidelines until further research is available.
Medicine’s Patrick Catalano discusses diets for obese pregnant women
- Focus groups being held for pregnant, recently pregnant post-doctoral and doctoral students
- Assistant professors: Apply for the Pew Scholars Program by June 21
- Kent Hale Smith building lower level to be renumbered; effective June 15
- Law’s Jonathan Adler weighs in on Sebelius fundraising scandal
- Morton Mandel says earning a college degree “is what everyone should strive for”