PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Center on Urban Poverty and Community Development researchers write about lead exposure
- PBS documentary to showcase Violins of Hope
- Law’s Jonathan Adler comments on Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts’ plans to limit the role of courts
- Eat pizza with Provost Baeslack, learn about new university initiatives today
- CWRU alumnus to take the field for Super Bowl 50