PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- 5 questions with… cancer disparities researcher Monica Webb Hooper
- Biology’s Valerie Haywood presents at American Society of Plant Biologists annual conference
- Donate blood at Aug. 25 American Red Cross drive
- Law’s Erik M. Jensen gives his take on benefits of the Electoral College
- Law’s Jonathan Entin pens two chapters for new books, two articles for “The Federal Lawyer”