PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Rob Winemiller opts to return to CWRU to play baseball after Major League Baseball draft selection
- Law’s Jonathan Adler discusses the outcome of federal appeals court decisions on Obamacare
- Begun Center’s Jane Timmons-Mitchell gives advice on how parents can help prevent suicide
- Law’s Michael Scharf discusses possible avenues of seeking justice in the Malaysia jet disaster
- International research team discovers genetic dysfunction connected to hydrocephalus