PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Benefits staff available to answer questions on tax filings for married same-sex couples
- Attend the Global Leadership Exploration retreat to learn inclusive, effective leadership techniques
- Sign up today to volunteer at the youth Engineering Challenges Carnival
- Learn about the impact of DOMA on finances at Dec. 10 discussion
- Order a cake for the holidays or finals through men’s basketball’s Cakes at Case program