PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Design and innovation’s Steven Feldman examined the risks of surveillance on business in China
- Kelvin Smith Library’s Jared Bendis presented the latest technology news
- Radiology’s Chip Gilkeson discussed new medicare proposal
- First commercially available 100-gigabit fiber network to run from downtown to University Circle
- Deadline for MLK Celebration funding requests extended to Nov. 30