PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- National Youth Sports Program’s Dennis Harris discusses program’s positive impact on participants
- Law’s Jessie Hill discusses state resistance to Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage
- University updates Work Environment Policy to ban e-cigarettes inside campus buildings
- Free tobacco cessation program begins Wednesday; sign up now
- BBQ on the Quad continues Wednesday with Caribbean theme