PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Medical school dean, department chair elected to Institute of Medicine
- Learn how to create an inclusive classroom at Thursday’s UCITE event
- Women faculty: Join colleagues for ”Speaking Up, Speaking Out” workshop
- Discuss Cleveland labor history at next Ethics Table brown bag lunch
- Medtronic leader to address innovation in health care during Ford Distinguished Lecture