PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Pathology’s Huiping Liu discusses her Susan G. Komen Foundation grant
- President Barbara R. Snyder discusses new health education campus
- University celebrates opening of Richey Mixon Building—new home of think[box] innovation hub
- Speak out against domestic and intimate partner violence
- Office of Faculty Development offers Lunch & Learn workshops; series begins Oct. 16