PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Common reading author Claude Steele warns of using stereotypes at fall convocation
- School of Dental Medicine volunteers time, resources to provide mouth guards to local football players
- CWRU researchers Wesley M. Williams, Janna Kiselar discuss their findings on how diabetes might weak immune system
- Learn more about SCUBA Club at first general body meeting of the semester
- Participate in wellness activities to improve health and qualify for monthly premium incentive