PolitiFact: Rep. Marcy Kaptur recently said that the poorest people in the country are women—a statement proven true by U.S. Census data and a National Women’s Law Center report. In addition, Claudia Coulton, co-director of the Center for Urban Policy and Community Development, noted that more women than men are in extreme poverty, a time in which one is “really destitute,” she said.
More women than men are in extreme poverty, says Claudia Coulton
- Researchers’ findings offer promise for the development of new treatments for chronic pain and cancer
- Four tennis players make it to NCAA Individual Championships
- Free program offers tool to gain control over drinking
- Farmer’s Market returns to campus beginning June 2
- CWRU receives grant to establish center aimed at creating cartilage to replace prostheses