Australian Broadcasting Company: New research suggests that making music in groups can help develop a sense of empathy in children. Lisa Huisman Koops, assistant professor of music education, discussed her research into the effects of musical play in group settings with children as young as 4 in the African nation of Gambia.
Music educator Lisa Huisman Koops discusses research into children’s musical play
- Peter B. Lewis encourages 2,000 graduates at Sunday’s commencement ceremony
- Housing options available for summer
- Engineering’s Jing Lee give keynote talk at Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference
- Social Justice Institute, course highlighted in book chapter by SJI’s Rhonda Williams
- Sociology’s Brian Gran discusses Cleveland kidnapping cases, attends UN human rights event