Inside Higher Ed: The emergence of iTunes and other media outlets has allowed consumers to purchase individual songs as opposed to an album or record. Daniel Goldmark, associate professor of musicology, discussed Tin Pan Alley and how the idea of buying music by the song isn’t a new idea.
Musicology’s Daniel Goldmark discusses the idea of buying music by the song
- Historic “Violins of Hope” come to Greater Cleveland this fall
- Celebrate Preservation Week at Kelvin Smith Library through May 2
- Researchers create first metal-free catalyst for rechargeable zinc-air batteries
- Take a break from final exam prep at Thwing Study Over April 30
- Alpha Phi Omega to sell grilled cheese during finals