Graduate students: Hope to become faculty members one day? Educational Services for Students (ESS) and the University Center for Innovation in Teaching and Education (UCITE) will collaborate to deliver a summer University 400C Future Faculty Certificate Program, which is series of six sessions for graduate and professional students envisioning a career as faculty members.
The seminar will be limited to 15 participants. Students need to register through SIS for UNIV 400 C Future Faculty Certificate. There will be no charge for the program or for the lunches provided at each seminar.
For the 2013 Summer Session, classes will be held Tuesdays, June 4-July 9 from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the Herrick Room, which is on the ground floor of the Allen Memorial Medical Library building (at the corner of Euclid Avenue and Adelbert Road). Please use the Adelbert Road doors.
The seminar objectives will focus on the following as well as others devised by the class and the seminar facilitators:
- Developing a student-centered curriculum that recognizes students’ individual learning styles
- Writing an effective course design that demonstrates a sense of cultural competency
- Creating a good classroom climate and improving motivation
- Giving effective lectures and leading class discussion
- Making assessments more meaningful
All those who satisfactorily complete with the program (with a pass) will receive certificates.
For more information on the course, visit ESS in Sears Building 470 or call them at 216.368.5230.