The Plain Dealer: In its first two years, PolitiFact Ohio has run nearly 400 statements through the “Truth-O-Meter.” Election-season political messaging is especially filled with false claims, though Justin Buchler, associate professor of political science, doesn’t think people are influenced by these messages—whether true or false. “It’s very rare for facts to actually change anybody’s mind,” he said. “I’m very skeptical that facts matter at all in modern politics. Most politicians can lie with impunity.
Political science’s Justin Buchler talks political ads’ importance
- Housing options available for summer
- Engineering’s Jing Lee give keynote talk at Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference
- Social Justice Institute, course highlighted in book chapter by SJI’s Rhonda Williams
- Sociology’s Brian Gran discusses Cleveland kidnapping cases, attends UN human rights event
- Learn how to use Google Hangouts during upcoming ITS Connect event