US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- Psychology’s Jane Timmons-Mitchell blogs about accuracy of film “Inside Out”
- CWRU’s think[ box ] receives $2 million from various philanthropic organizations
- Law’s Jonathan Adler weighs in on impending Supreme Court ruling on Affordable Care Act case
- Biology’s Jessica Fox discusses study on hawkmoths and their ability to slow down their brains
- History’s John Grabowski discusses history, evolution of Cuyahoga River