US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- 5 questions with… cancer disparities researcher Monica Webb Hooper
- Check out medical student research at Lepow Day Aug. 18
- Researchers lead team in discovering possible approach to slow growth of certain colon cancers
- Case Comprehensive Cancer Center director Stanton Gerson writes about Cancer Moonshot
- HoloLens app named finalist for international science media awards