US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- Watch livestream of White House’s Cleveland Cancer Moonshot Summit
- Two School of Medicine students named Fulbright Scholars
- New journal launched by CWRU researchers publishes first articles two months ahead of schedule
- Faculty members in medicine, management win best overall manuscript award at international conference
- Researchers’ findings offer promise for the development of new treatments for chronic pain and cancer