US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- School of Medicine’s Harneet Walia discusses recent study on sleep apnea and blood pressure
- Blackstone LaunchPad Director Bob Sopko discusses upcoming Startup Weekend
- Distinguished University Professorship awarded to collaborative medicine pioneer Kurt Stange
- James Kazura’s accomplishments earn him CWRU’s top award
- School of Medicine to host poster session