US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- Most Americans do not need to be concerned about the spread of Ebola, says School of Medicine’s Keith Armitage
- School of Dental Medicine’s Leena Palomo highlights risk of “island” dental practice mentality
- Anthropology’s Vanessa Hildebrand discusses multicultural caregiving
- Case Western Reserve University visible at celebration for discovery of cystic fibrosis gene
- $4.6 million from NIH puts CWRU Synchrotron lab on track to become No. 1 in world