US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- Novel algorithm identifies DNA copy-number landscapes in African-American colon cancers
- Register to attend symposium on data science July 29-30
- Medical student injured in hit-and-run accident in charity bike race
- Case Western Reserve to lead multi-institutional ”Big Data” project
- Medical student research to be on display at Friday’s Lepow Day