US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- CWRU researchers find high blood sugar of diabetes can cause immune system malfunction
- Colon cancer researcher Sanford Markowitz receives Distinguished University Professorship
- $18.5 million Fasenmyer Foundation gift supports research efforts at School of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic
- Universities Allied for Essential Medicines to show film “Medical Research: Houston, We Have a Problem” today
- School of Medicine student selected to participate in Minority Medical Student Award Program