US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- Neighborhood Connections brings a 12-foot teepee to Wade Oval Wednesday July 30
- Researchers find cataract surgery slows dementia for Alzheimer’s patients
- Researchers find potential pathway to fight infection
- Synthetic triterpenoids show promise in preventing colitis-associated colon cancer
- School of Medicine researchers discover long non-coding RNAs can encode proteins after all