US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- Alana Foundation to fund CWRU-MIT research in identifying drugs to treat Down syndrome
- Find out how CWRU ranks in global equality, biomedical research at today’s report card launch party
- Drugs stimulate body’s stem cells to replace the brain cells lost in multiple sclerosis
- Plastic surgeon to discuss career path in academia at April 22 lecture
- Yale scholar to present lecture April 20 on portrayal of Islam in U.S. media