US News: Many older women with newly diagnosed breast cancer have difficulty doing daily tasks, and the problem is especially common among black patients, according to a new study. “These findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making since optimum functional status is a key factor considered in treatment selection,” said study author Cynthia Owusu, an assistant professor of medicine.
Recent findings have implications for cancer treatment decision-making, says Medicine’s Cynthia Owusu
- Mattress covers could still help dust mite allergies, says medicine’s Samuel Friedlander
- Texas company has license with AeroClay, developed by David Schiraldi and his team
- Susanne Wish-Baratz, Me’lani Labat Joseph discuss anatomy camps taught by medical students
- States will persist in efforts to get drugs for executions, says Law’s Michael Benza
- Distinguished University Professor, renowned scientist Richard Hanson passes away