The Columbus Dispatch: Even more scientists from across Ohio shared their memories of childhood science fairs, including chemical engineering professor Robert Savinell, who built a gas chromatograph (an instrument to separate, detect and quantify gases in a mixture) in high school, and Jon Pokorski, professor of macromolecular science and engineering, whose grade school project was a survey of different household goods to determine which product most effectively slowed oxidation of a cut apple.
Robert Savinell and Jon Pokorski remember science fairs of their youth
- CWRU names Yale’s Amy Backus athletic director
- Political science’s Karen Beckwith is lead editor on new book series
- Three undergraduate students selected to present at national conference
- Faculty member Elizabeth Meckes to present at Program for Women and Mathematics
- Ethnic Studies Program sponsors three-day literature conference