The Columbus Dispatch: Even more scientists from across Ohio shared their memories of childhood science fairs, including chemical engineering professor Robert Savinell, who built a gas chromatograph (an instrument to separate, detect and quantify gases in a mixture) in high school, and Jon Pokorski, professor of macromolecular science and engineering, whose grade school project was a survey of different household goods to determine which product most effectively slowed oxidation of a cut apple.
Robert Savinell and Jon Pokorski remember science fairs of their youth
- Register by Oct. 7 for badminton tournament
- Discounted regalia available at university bookstore through Nov. 30
- Want to own a little bit of history? Check out the Thwing Banner Sale
- Join alumni at The Corner Alley for “Meet Up at Uptown” Oct. 10
- Discover how Uptown has been transformed in just two years