The Columbus Dispatch: Even more scientists from across Ohio shared their memories of childhood science fairs, including chemical engineering professor Robert Savinell, who built a gas chromatograph (an instrument to separate, detect and quantify gases in a mixture) in high school, and Jon Pokorski, professor of macromolecular science and engineering, whose grade school project was a survey of different household goods to determine which product most effectively slowed oxidation of a cut apple.
Robert Savinell and Jon Pokorski remember science fairs of their youth
- Professor Kingman Strohl discusses new treatment for obstructive sleep apnea
- Biomedical engineering’s Dustin Tyler discusses sensory restoration
- Director of Undergraduate Admission Bob McCullough discusses Class of 2018′s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- The Laura & Alvin Siegal Lifelong Learning Program hosts “Opening Day” activities
- University sets all-time record for gifts, pledges for 2013-2014 fiscal year