The Columbus Dispatch: Even more scientists from across Ohio shared their memories of childhood science fairs, including chemical engineering professor Robert Savinell, who built a gas chromatograph (an instrument to separate, detect and quantify gases in a mixture) in high school, and Jon Pokorski, professor of macromolecular science and engineering, whose grade school project was a survey of different household goods to determine which product most effectively slowed oxidation of a cut apple.
Robert Savinell and Jon Pokorski remember science fairs of their youth
- Undergraduate Diversity Collaborative seeks spot in Student Executive Council
- Recycle plastic bags at Relay For Life
- Yale scholar to present lecture April 20 on portrayal of Islam in U.S. media
- Next Women Faculty Connect meeting to address questions about mentorship
- Learn how to make philanthropy a lifelong commitment at final Conversations in Philanthropy session