The Columbus Dispatch: Even more scientists from across Ohio shared their memories of childhood science fairs, including chemical engineering professor Robert Savinell, who built a gas chromatograph (an instrument to separate, detect and quantify gases in a mixture) in high school, and Jon Pokorski, professor of macromolecular science and engineering, whose grade school project was a survey of different household goods to determine which product most effectively slowed oxidation of a cut apple.
Robert Savinell and Jon Pokorski remember science fairs of their youth
- Student tickets available for tonight’s Writers Center Stage Series event with Rick Bragg
- Find out at May 20 conference what career options a PhD could open up for you
- Learn about the 2016-2017 Staff Mentoring Circles Program at May 12 informational session
- HCM to use Single Sign-On screen starting May 9; other applications to follow
- Author John L. Steadman to visit University Bookstore May 14