The Columbus Dispatch: Even more scientists from across Ohio shared their memories of childhood science fairs, including chemical engineering professor Robert Savinell, who built a gas chromatograph (an instrument to separate, detect and quantify gases in a mixture) in high school, and Jon Pokorski, professor of macromolecular science and engineering, whose grade school project was a survey of different household goods to determine which product most effectively slowed oxidation of a cut apple.
Robert Savinell and Jon Pokorski remember science fairs of their youth
- Law’s Jessica Berg weighed in on recent coucil meeting ejection
- School of Nursing turns to alums as patient actors in novel training approach
- Engineering’s Daniel Lacks and team to teach course in Myanmar
- Weatherhead School announces winners of 2013 Weatherhead 100
- Oberlin College faculty member to present on Cleveland urban agriculture Dec. 11