PolitiFact: With conflicting reports out about the rate of business startups, Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, helped explain how the studies could be so at odds. The numbers look contradictory, but they measure different things—“it’s like measuring water in a bathtub,” he said.
Scott Shane discusses rate of new business startups
- Weatherhead School’s Kalle Lyytinen received award for contributions to information systems field
- Weatherhead School’s Tim Fogarty, Greg Jonas receive Best Paper Award
- Graduate student Allison Kipling, classmates launch 306 LLC with award money
- Bioengineering’s Anant Madabhushi, team awarded patent relating to radiologic imaging of tumors
- Student Employment Job Fair to be held Aug. 21