Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Chief Information Security Officer Tom Siu blogs about two-factor authentication
- Law’s Sharona Hoffman discusses how personal experiences inspired her book
- Judaic Studies’ Jay Geller talks about importance of violins for some who endured Holocaust
- CWRU plays fundamental role in organizing Cleveland Medical Hackathon
- New nanomaterial maintains conductivity in three dimensions