Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Design and Innovation’s Michael Goldberg examined dearth of venture-capital funding in Ohio
- Materials Science and Engineering’s James McGuffin-Cawley discussed 3D printing availability for students
- Technology Services’ Sue Workman to discuss computer security
- Professor to present on AIDS vaccine potential at next Public Affairs Discussion group
- Common spice could help extend lives of mesothelioma patients