Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Undergraduate Julia Bianco writes about working as an extra in Hollywood films
- Evolutionary Biology’s Patricia Princehouse weighs in on the teaching of intelligent design in public schools
- LGBT grad students launch QGrad, graduate and professional student association
- Applications for Global Ethical Leaders Society due Sept. 10
- Welcome new students to campus at annual AfroAm freshman mixer Sept. 4