Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Researchers build a crawling robot from sea slug parts and a 3-D printed body
- PeopleSoft HCM to be unavailable Saturday early morning; SIS undergoing maintenance this weekend
- Engineering alumnus, PhD student receives Fulbright Award to Finland
- Excerpt of Ross Duffin’s chapter on music in Shakespeare’s plays published by Oxford University Press
- Weatherhead School’s Roman Sheremeta pens article on benefits of tax cuts on imported cars for Ukraine