Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Psychiatry’s Sara West examines the motives of filicide
- Dental school’s Bruce Latimer discusses the consequences of bipedalism
- Spoken English Language Partners to hold end-of-year study break April 25
- Case Kismat dance team to sell noodles, chai tea as part of fundraiser April 23-24
- Begun Center chosen to evaluate Ohio’s pilot addiction treatment program