Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Student-Run Free Clinic to host 5K run/1-mile walk this weekend
- Celebrate Holi, the festival of colors, with Undergraduate Indian Students Association
- Learn how communication styles affect workplace relationships—and how to improve them
- Celebration of Student Writing set for April 18
- Calling all women artists: Women’s center seeks original works to display in Thwing Center