Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Construction to start this spring on performing arts center project
- Art historian Henry Adams to appear at 2014 ARTExpo to lead tour, talk and sign new book
- Political science’s Karen Beckwith presents at Scottish Parliament Women’s Dinner
- Submit poetry, prose or photos for next issue of “Case Reserve Review”
- Brush up on email communication skills at March 19 webinar