Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Psychology’s Julie Exline discusses ways to avoid people-pleasing
- New research led by psychology’s Brooke Macnamara qualifies the 10,000-hours rule
- Starbucks co-founder to speak in the Tinkham Veale University Center Oct. 2
- Submit proposals for Saint-Gobain Student Design Competition by Oct. 2
- Apply now to help plan Thwing Study Over