Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Weatherhead School’s J.B. Silvers answers questions about impact of Obamacare on amount of uninsured Americans
- Psychology’s Lisa Damour writes about false perception that girls are meaner than their male peers
- History professor’s Twitter account goes viral—again
- Give to “Shop with a Cop” fundraiser to help local families
- Learn how to help students navigate study abroad process at Dec. 3 Global Talk session