Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Medicine’s Stanton Gerson discusses the role of viruses in development of cancer treatment
- PhD candidate John Romey reflects on his experience as a Fulbright Scholar in Paris
- Susan Helper speaks on U.S. Department of Commerce manufacturing report released last week
- Medicine’s Steven Waggoner discusses preventive measures for ovarian cancer
- 5 questions with…documentary star, dual-degree student Imani Scruggs