Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Think[box] Manager Ian Charnas creates ”Waterfall Swing” with team
- History’s Gillian Weiss’ book featured for French translation
- Physics’ Mano Singham debates minister on existence of God
- Professor Emeritus Edward J. Olszewski publishes book on Parmigianino painting
- Modern Languages and Literatures’ Linda C. Ehrlich speaks in Israel on Japanese traditions