Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Support the Red Cross by donating blood Jan. 29
- Join four-week program to prevent, heal back pain
- Female graduate students invited to lunchtime discussion on body image, self-care
- Mark your calendars: Internship and career fair set for Feb. 9
- Schubert Center for Child Studies sees success in Ohio’s juvenile justice reforms