Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Common reading author Claude Steele warns of using stereotypes at fall convocation
- School of Dental Medicine volunteers time, resources to provide mouth guards to local football players
- CWRU researchers Wesley M. Williams, Janna Kiselar discuss their findings on how diabetes might weak immune system
- Learn more about SCUBA Club at first general body meeting of the semester
- Participate in wellness activities to improve health and qualify for monthly premium incentive