Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Attend the 41st annual Ebony Ball Dec. 6; get tickets now
- Action required for voicemail users this Winter Break
- Submit original works to Art of STEM competition, exhibit at Kelvin Smith Library
- Learn about impact of design in today’s corporate world at Dec. 2 presentation
- Platelet mimicry technology halts bleeding faster, may have broad use in medicine