Small Business Trends: Though 17 percent of Americans founding a company expect to have 20 or more employees within the next five years, only 2 percent actually reach that number, explained Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “Policy makers should respond to this over-optimism the way investors do—by discounting entrepreneurs’ projections,” he wrote.
Scott Shane writes that entrepreneurs don’t employ as many as they hope
- Students: IRS Tax Form 1098-T to be issued; return forms by Jan. 31
- Another session of discounted yoga offered at University Hospitals
- Three campus experts to discuss politics, possibilities of Hong Kong protests
- Anthropology’s Eileen Anderson-Fye examines changing gender roles
- New Michelson and Morley Bistro draws rave reviews