Six faculty members and researchers were awarded the 2013 Clinical & Translational Science Collaborative’s annual pilot awards.
The following individuals and their projects were awarded:
- Li Li: “Human Beta-Defensin-3 (hBD-3): A Novel Biomarker for Early Colon Neoplasia”
- Matthew Cooney: “Evaluation of alpha-methylacyl-CoA racemase (AMACR) as a Non-Invasive Diagnostic Biomarker for Prostate Cancer”
- Micheala Aldred: “New therapeutic approaches in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension”
- Ann Williams: “Diabetes SystemCHANGE(TM): Community-based peer support for people with diabetes”
- John Kirwan: “Unlocking the Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Remission After Gastric Bypass: Relationship Between Stimulus Secretion Coupling Mechanism, Beta Cell Morphology, and Incretin Secretion”
- Efstathios Karathanasis: “Early Detection of Micrometastasis Using a Nanochain and MRI”