CNBC: In a list of five small-business trends for this year, Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, weighed in. Small businesses are not pulling in enough revenue to allow expansion and, thus, loans. “And there’s evidence that banks are less willing to lend in part because they’ve been told by regulators that they made loans too easily,” he said.
Small businesses not pulling in enough revenue, said Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Researchers led by Anthony Jack find evidence for dual-process theory
- Law’s Michael Benza sounds off on duration of fraud case against Browns owner’s company
- School of Medicine’s Neil Korman discusses skin condition of Canadian former finance minister
- CWRU names Yale’s Amy Backus athletic director
- Political science’s Karen Beckwith is lead editor on new book series