CNBC: In a list of five small-business trends for this year, Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, weighed in. Small businesses are not pulling in enough revenue to allow expansion and, thus, loans. “And there’s evidence that banks are less willing to lend in part because they’ve been told by regulators that they made loans too easily,” he said.
Small businesses not pulling in enough revenue, said Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- CWRU students help test geothermal heating at urban farm
- Political science’s Justin Buchler explains the role of party platforms for presidential nominees
- Weatherhead School’s William Mahnic discusses economic impact on convention host cities
- History’s John Grabowski talks about challenges Cleveland faces
- Triple alumnus, retired administrator Kenneth L. Kutina passes away