CNBC: In a list of five small-business trends for this year, Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies, weighed in. Small businesses are not pulling in enough revenue to allow expansion and, thus, loans. “And there’s evidence that banks are less willing to lend in part because they’ve been told by regulators that they made loans too easily,” he said.
Small businesses not pulling in enough revenue, said Weatherhead School’s Scott Shane
- Political science’s Kathryn Lavelle talks about expected impact of Brexit
- Begun Center’s Fredrick Butcher talks about impact of exposure to violence in youth
- State of Ohio awards CWRU, Cleveland Clinic grant for medical education innovation
- Engineering’s Rigoberto Advincula talks about how ingredients in sunscreen break down
- Law’s Michael Benza explains challenges of ongoing investigation into Ohio family deaths