Sponsored by Bike Cleveland with support of the Cleveland Clinic, National Bike to Work Day will include morning commute activities and a kickoff in University Circle.
The morning celebration will take place from 7 to 9:30 a.m. at the University East Plaza (11330 Euclid Ave) in front of the University Circle Inc. Visitor Center. Cyclists can enjoy a free breakfast donated by Bon Appetit Management Company at Case Western Reserve, Constantino’s Market and Phoenix Coffee as well as information and giveaways available at display booths.
Several CWRU offices and groups will be present in the morning to welcome commuters as well as provide services, prizes and incentives.
Cyclist incentives will continue in the circle throughout the day and include:
- Smoothie discounts, free showers and free Happy Hour Yoga at 121 Fitness;
- Free entry into a bike raffle with purchase at Biomedical Research Building Café, sponsored by Bon Appetit;
- Free salsa and chips with purchase at Qdoba;
- $2 discount admission to The Kid With a Bike at the Cinematheque, Cleveland Institute of Art;
- Free safety inspections by the CWRU Cycling Team;
- A complementary, reusable spork provided by the CWRU Office of Sustainability; and
- Free rides from RTA for all cyclists throughout the day on all routes.