NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Law’s Sharona Hoffman speaks out against mishandling of electronic health records
- Physician and human rights activist to receive 2014 Inamori Ethics Prize
- Upcoming global forum to show how businesses can go beyond sustainability
- CWRU wins grant to improve lifetime performance of ceramic fuel cells
- Register for Wednesday’s inaugural Eastside Conversations Series