NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Student tickets available for tonight’s Writers Center Stage Series event with Rick Bragg
- Find out at May 20 conference what career options a PhD could open up for you
- Learn about the 2016-2017 Staff Mentoring Circles Program at May 12 informational session
- HCM to use Single Sign-On screen starting May 9; other applications to follow
- Author John L. Steadman to visit University Bookstore May 14