NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Free tickets available for Town Hall of Cleveland lecture by best-selling author, cultural historian
- Orthodontics Professor Bruce Latimer discusses implications of recently found prehistoric skull
- Medicine’s Jerry Silver discusses his team’s research on repairing spinal cord injuries
- Begun Center’s Joseph Galanek discusses police force and the mentally ill
- Work by Art’s Christopher Pekoc featured in two exhibitions