NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Students: IRS Tax Form 1098-T to be issued; return forms by Jan. 31
- Another session of discounted yoga offered at University Hospitals
- Three campus experts to discuss politics, possibilities of Hong Kong protests
- Anthropology’s Eileen Anderson-Fye examines changing gender roles
- New Michelson and Morley Bistro draws rave reviews