NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Undergraduate Julia Bianco writes about working as an extra in Hollywood films
- Evolutionary Biology’s Patricia Princehouse weighs in on the teaching of intelligent design in public schools
- LGBT grad students launch QGrad, graduate and professional student association
- Applications for Global Ethical Leaders Society due Sept. 10
- Welcome new students to campus at annual AfroAm freshman mixer Sept. 4