NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- 5 questions with… cancer disparities researcher Monica Webb Hooper
- Biology’s Valerie Haywood presents at American Society of Plant Biologists annual conference
- Donate blood at Aug. 25 American Red Cross drive
- Law’s Erik M. Jensen gives his take on benefits of the Electoral College
- Law’s Jonathan Entin pens two chapters for new books, two articles for “The Federal Lawyer”