NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Law’s Ayesha Bell Hardaway explains why descendants of African-American slaves should receive reparations
- History’s Ted Steinberg discusses origins of lawn care
- CWRU to host creators of “Serial” for William N. Skirball Writers Center Stage Series
- 5 questions…with recent retiree, Thwing Center “fixer” Al Hammett
- Meet Spoken English Language Program tutors and mentors at Sept. 8 open house