NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Mystic River, Shutter Island author comes to campus Thursday
- Medical Informatics’ Rong Xu receives 2014 National Institute of Health Director’s New Innovator Award
- Kelvin Smith Library’s Jared Bendis presents technology news
- Tulane’s Daniel Bausch discussed Ebola threat at campus presentation
- Pre-med students: Learn about study abroad opportunities at Oct. 23 event