NPR: The fiscal cliff deal may have alleviated some business concerns, but what’s most important to small businesses is what’s happening in their sector, said Scott Shane, the A. Malachi Mixon III Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies. “You know, if demand is strong, and the economy is growing and people are demanding products and services, then they feel confident on expanding and when that’s not happening they don’t feel confident,” he said.
Weatherhead’s Scott Shane sounds off on small business confidence
- Medicine’s Roy Buchinsky talks about health benefits of reaching 10,000 steps per day
- Weatherhead School’s Mark Sniderman discusses inflation trends
- 5 questions with…alumnus, think[box] manager Ian Charnas
- Professor Mark Singer elected to American Academy of Social Work and Social Welfare
- Biology’s Karen Abbott named Early Career Fellow of Ecological Society of America